Preparing a house is important for every seller. To sell the home quickly and to fetch best price for the property the seller needs to give the house a facelift. There are plenty of homes for sale in Lake of the Woods VA that need careful planning and knowing to brush up your home to impress buyers at the very first look. Let us offer below a helpful guide as how to prepare a house and turn it into a marketable property for interested buyers.
Clean thoroughly and pay attention to smells
The deposit of dust on top of the fireplace mantle must be cleaned and you need to polish your appliances and faucets. You have to offer a thorough cleaning to your windows and doors. Maybe you can miss a few interior details for a proper clean and in that case a professional cleaning service can come to your aid. Besides cleanliness consider the smell too. Make sure there is no unpleasant odor in your home. Avoid any strong culinary smell like the bacon or dry sea fish to engulf your rooms, especially the day when the buyers visit your house. After all, nobody wants a house to smell like fast food joints. If possible, place scented flowers in the interior and bed of flowers around the open premises. Here below some must do steps to make your home sparkle.
• Wash the windows and doors inside out.
• Wash sidewalks and exterior thoroughly.
• Clean to sparkle your bathtubs, showers and sinks.
• Give polish to chrome faucets and mirrors.
• Clean the furniture, light fixtures, fans and appliances.
• Make sure the interior smells like fresh lavender.
Buyers always wish to make themselves comfortable as in their own home. Your personal belongings and things signifying your attachment to it can prove to be a block before them. So remove anything purely personal from the house. Things like family photographs in the hallway or wall painting by your brother on the living room wall or anything of personal significance should be removed well in advance.
Arranging bedroom closets and kitchen cabinets
Buyers when making a thorough assessment of the house may like to look in every little corner and can even open closet and cabinet doors. If just opening a closet door things fall out, it may prevent them from opening any door further. It is recommended to arrange everything in proper order and remove things that you do not want them to lay their hands.
• Arrange spice jars in alphabetic order.
• Neatly arranged utensils and dishes.
• Arrange garments, hang shirts together and make sure the closet smells good.
• Arrange the shoes in the rack properly.
Decoration and color is an important aspect of preparation for making your house lucrative for the buyers. Remember, always soft neutral colors in the walls suit the varying tastes and these colors are less likely to create a negative impression. Secondly, try to keep the home décor simple. Remove any offbeat art or decorative grandeur that may turn off the mood of people with varying tastes. Remember, you never know the taste of buyer and so cannot take bigger risks. Another important thing is to give buyers a sense of usefulness in every room. Making them clearly see what individual room can let them do, that is a good way of making a strong statement. No room should be arranged devoid of any purpose. Sometimes just little tweaks can do wonder in changing the ambience and feel of the room. If you feel updating a few fixtures and re-arranging a few things here and there can make the rooms actually sparkle, just do it.
Make small repairs
A creaky door or a broken window sill or cracked tiles or a hole in the wall, these can worsen your overall impression to the buyer. Do not risk taking chances with jammed kitchen drawers, broken faucets, jammed gutters or cracked tiles when your buyers arrive. Sometimes making small changes, repairs and additions make big changes in the look and feel of the room. An eye for the details like changing the broken legs of furniture, repairing the gutter system, replacing the burned-out light bulbs and such small repairs can rejuvenate a house completely.
- Here is How to Finally Get Your House Sold in 7 Days There are several reasons for wanting to sell your house. Some of the most common...
- Sell Your House for Cash Quicker Than You Thought Possible! You would want to sell your house for a gazillion reasons. And not just sell,...
- Sell Your House As Is to House Buyers to Avoid Massive Repairs and Renovations House buyers is a great help to homeowners who look to sell their home As...
- Sell Your House Quickly and Easily to House Buyers Who Say We Buy Houses Professional real estate investors understand the pain factor of homeowners who plan to sell their...